Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Creating a Links List

I know that an important part of blogging is to create links with the rest of the blogging and non-blogging world. So I plan to take the time soon to search for other blogs dealing with teaching and the teachers' life. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

But I am associated with some people who already blog and whose blogs I have found interesting and useful.

Today I added Alec Couros' blog to my link list. Alec is a colleague and also one of my doctoral students.

Although I am interested in the use of the computer in teaching and learning and in business I wouldn't call myself a techie - I prefer to think of myself as a user. I dream up the things I would like the computer and other types of communication technologies to do and then I ask smarter people to help me do them. Alec is one of those people.

If there is anything you want to know about the Open Source movement just look into his blog or email him. He is doing his doctoral dissertation on this topic.

There are other things I like about Alec's blog. It is well organized, represents many of Alec's interests and is always current. (That was one of my worries about creating my own blog - would I be able to keep it current?)

Then there was the challenge of adding the link. I am really a point and click kind of guy so when I saw I needed to get involved with HTML I got a bit nervous. But as you can see after a few false starts I got the link up and running.

Have fun exploring Alec's blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home