Monday, August 07, 2006

The rest of my holidays




It has been almost a month since I have made an entry into this blog. But then again it is summer and we have been on the road. We finished our traveling late last Monday night - a week ago - and it has taken me this long to get back into work mode. I spent the week putting out fires that lit while I was away, tidying up and then organizing for the next few weeks before the fall term begins.

So what did I do on my summer holidays? I left our adventures - in my previous blog entry - with our return from Vancouver.

We spent a few days at home and then drove out to the Twin Cities - Minneapolis and St. Paul. I am involved with Judy Lambrecht in a project and we wanted to work a bit over the summer and it was cheaper to fly to Boston from Minneapolis than from Regina.

The next morning we flew to Boston and spent a few days with Jay and Dori. Boston is always interesting - good food, lots of things to see - and so we spent those days wandering around.


On Friday we flew to Washington, D.C. to be at a cousin's wedding. My cousin Harvey's son was getting married at the Willard. We stayed next door at the Hotel Washington - just across the street from the White House.

This picture is of me, my sister and three cousins, Paul, Judy and Harvey.

I have always found Washington to be interesting. I haven't spent much time there but the few times I have been there were always fun. It seems that I am always with people that are ready for fun and adventures when I am there. This time was no different.

We wandered around the monuments, near the reflecting pool and around the White House. We spent a fair bit of time in the front bar at Old Ebbitts Grill - I can recommend the martinis.

An important part of our wandering around was the afternoon we spent at the Holocaust Museum. A somber place but an important place

The wedding was grand and the band was great - I will spare my readers the details.

After a difficult time getting back to Boston - suffice it to say that we got to Dulles at 5:00 p.m. on Monday evening and didn't arrive in Boston until 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening. I don't recommend United Airlines!

A few more days with Jay and Dori, back to St. Paul and a few days of work and finally back home.

I will return to regular entries to the blog and focus on more professional ideas as the summer winds down.

It is always important to see everything around you. I have learned to look differently over the last few years. It isn't sufficient to see and forget - it is important to look and try to understand. I have learned that lesson from those who look and actually see. Its not an easy lesson to learn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home