Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Birthdays

Note: I wrote this the night of Stacey's birthday (June 23) but left it in the draft folder for some reason - that will explain the disconnect with dates, etc.

I've just come home from my daughter's 25th birthday. I drove home from the Twin Cities especially to be with her today - to celebrate with her and her friends.

It was a wonderful celebration. We took Stacey and some of her close friends to a great little restaurant called Mojo. We served wine and three different courses. Stacey asked us to invite the Mulatzs and Zands so there were about 15 or 16 of us - we took up most of the restaurant.

It was a wonderful night. Everyone was dressed up and seemed to enjoy the evening.

I am amazed that my youngest child is 25 years old - the years have passed very quickly. It was only a little while ago when she was born!

All children are special but there is something even more special between fathers and daughters. Watching Stacey grow and mature into a beautiful, smart young woman has been one of the greatest pleasures in my life.

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. ~Author Unknown

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alec Couros said...

Sounds like a great night Cyril. I'm still in denial that Raine will grow up to be 25. -)

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home