Saturday, September 04, 2010

Mark and Reesa's Wedding Part 3

On Saturday morning I drove Jay out to New Westminster. The groomsmen wore dark summer weight suits that had been rented. Jay tried the suit on, had a small adjustment made to the pants and we left with the suit, a pair of shoes, socks and a white shirt.

It was about a 30 minute drive each way and so Jay and I had time to be together just the two of us. I always treasure time alone with any of my kids. Sometimes the time is filled with chatter and other times we are just quiet with each other. Whatever happens it is always a special time.

Stacey lives in Regina and we regularly have special times together - lunch and other times together but the times I have with Jay and Mark are few and far between. So the drive with Jay today was special.

When we got back to the hotel we gathered the troops and walked over to a Dim Sum place on Alberni just across the street from the condo building Helene and I rent in when we are in Vancouver for any period of time.

The food was good - we ordered enough to satisfy all tastes - including tripe and tendon. And I got to hang out with Riley!!

We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with friends and relatives as they arrived and sat around the coffee shop, the restaurant and the lobby.

Helene organized a wine reception for the wedding guests on Saturday night. It was held in a room with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto a garden, a sitting area and the pool. The weather was clear and cool as the sun went down but many people sat at the tables outside.

Reesa's family and friends mingled with our family and friends. It always amazes me how easy it is to find connections between people. Reesa's father's cousins were from Winnipeg and knew Helene!!

Red and white wine, water and sparkling water were offered by circulating servers. Some Hors D'oeuvres were circulated and there was a long table of food against one of the walls. On the table were baskets of fruit, artisan breads, lavosh, 'exotic' cheeses, hot crepes and bowls of nuts.

I asked my friend Sofia to use my flip camera and she took some terrific video of all the people there.

It was a wonderful night where we got to spend some time with friends and relatives and meet more of Reesa and Mark's friends as well as more of Reesa's family and her family's friends.

We ended the evening, as usual, at the bar reviewing the day and just relaxing. Tomorrow was going to be an important day.


Post a Comment

<< Home