Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fools rush in

At this time last year I said I was a brave man so I would publish my resolutions - this was my list:

1. I will make at least 300 entries to this blog during 2007
2. I will exercise at least three times a week
3. I will lose at least 20 pounds by June 1
4. I will use my new digital camera regularly and post some of the pictures on this blog.

I made exactly 78 entries to this blog during 2007.

I tried - do you realize how many times 3 times a week is? every week?

If I made the same resolution 3 this year i would have to make the number closer to 30 (perhaps even closer to 30 from the 'up' side - it has been an interesting year as far as weight is concerned)

I actually did take many pictures with my new camera and I did post some of them here.

So here are my 2008 resolutions - based on what I learned from my 2007 resolutions

1. I will work hard at exercising and losing weight (vague enough??)
2. I will learn something in a structured way - something that has nothing to do with my 'normal' learning at work (I have an idea about this but it will have to wait for another entry)
3. I will read for pleasure for at least an hour three times a week.
4. I will make 300 entries to this blog during 2008 (perhaps foolhardy - to set an unachieved goal once again - what is the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?)
5. Through my friend and colleague Alec Couros I learned about D'Arcy Norman's 2007/365 project. I will do my own 2008/366 project - perhaps though without the flickr account - haven't decided quite yet.

There - one entry down - only 299 left to go

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Alec Couros said...

Sounds like a nice revised list, Cyril. I'm looking forward to your new posts, your photographs, and hopefully you'll see ME at the gym.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I lived in Saskatchewan; I'd have someone to help me achieve similar goals.

Some folks blogs more than three times a day. I'm lucky if I can get one in a week. Don't know how they do it. As for exercise, you're way ahead of me. ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Stephen Downes said...

If you want to post frequently it really must become part of your daily routine. So you need to set aside the same time (more or less) every day.

For myself, the time between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. every day is when I start my newsletter, and I finish it off as the last thing I do before I go home from work, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. - two hours every day.

I take weekends off - knowing when you're *not* posting is also important, so that the nagging guilt feeling doesn't get to you.

Good luck with your resolution.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home