Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Apologies and no promises

I haven't blogged since the middle of August. Lots has happened since. We finished our extended vacation in Nova Scotia, England and Sicily. I actually have some entries written and my journal is filled with notes. I may bring that part of the fall up to date.

The rest of the fall and the winter so far have been focused on getting my mother into a proper situation and doing the work for my sabbatical.

I began my sabbatical on January 1, 2009. My university is very, very generous when it comes to sabbaticals. After 6 years a faculty member 'shall not be unreasonably denied' a sabbatical and subsequent to a first year long sabbatical we are allowed to take 6 months sabbaticals after every three years. I took my first sabbatical many years ago and my most recent year long sabbatical was in 2004/2005. This sabbatical is for 6 months from Jan. 1 to June 30, 2009.

An unusual part of this sabbatical is that I am going to teach a class. I received a grant to develop an online course. The course I am developing is EC&I 809 Program Evaluation. I have been working on this project since last spring.

I spent the month of January and a few days in February working on this course development, consulting with program evaluators at UBC and working on a project with Dr. Adriana Zylmans. Editing the Business Education Digest also took its fare share of my time. I think I have found someone that will do a great job at being the webmaster for BED. The website is in dire need of updating

But now I am in Florida taking a winter holiday. We are at my brother in law's home in Boca Raton and will spend a few days here before we head off for a cruise. Our good friends Mark and Pat Mulatz are with us and I am looking forward to spending this time with them.

More tomorrow - perhaps

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Jordan said...

Have a great time Cyril...I will have to try and see you before I make the cold trek up North in the fall!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cyril, Who did you get to be the WebMaster?

Nicole

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home