Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 17, 2012


July 17, 2012

Over the last few years we have taken a number of extended holidays. I can't remember more than one or two times that we have gone to one place to do nothing but sit in the sun and veg out. That's not really my kind of holiday. My preference is to find a place to explore, see what there is to see and move on. A friend and I have talked about driving the old Route 66. He wants to find a Corvette to drive. I'm more interested in finding the Dives, Drive-ins and Diners along the way.

But most of our trips have been for a purpose – to attend a family function or to help the kids. The trip we started today is a little of both.

I am writing this on a plane heading to San Diego. We left this afternoon around 1 p.m. - a most civilized hour for a plane trip. As we are heading west we will arrive around 7:30 p.m. We had a very short stop in Minneapolis.

This is a good time to record what has happened in the last year since I stopped making entries to this blog.

Mark and Reesa have been married just about 2 years – August 29, 2010. On January 2, 2012 they had Hunter Marleau - my beautiful grandson. Mark has completed a number of internships in the area of Entertainment law as he moves towards completing his law degree at California Western School of Law. He will graduate on December 17, 2012 with a very high standing – he has done extremely well in law school. This summer he is interning at a law firm that specializes in civil litigation and is really enjoying the 'action' in court.

I was with Hunter for his bris (circumcision) but because of my Mom's illness (a topic for another blog entry) haven't seen him since January.

So the first part of this trip will be to visit with Mark, Reesa and Hunter in San Diego.

We landed in San Diego, collected our luggage, got the rental car and followed the gps to Mark and Reesa's place on Coronado. Mark had a cajun dinner waiting for us and we met Memphis. Hunter was already asleep.

Mark and Reesa recently adopted a Brindle English Mastiff – Memphis. He is about 8 weeks old and close to 40 pounds. He has enormous paws and has problems tripping over them. We spent a bit of time playing with him and trying to keep him from biting us and grabbing our clothing.

I am beyond excited to see Hunter tomorrow. I can't wait to hold him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home